At the Historic Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit, Maine
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
With a Lobster Dinner at Fosters
All inclusive cost: $153 per person. Payment will guarantee your reservation and due no later than June 1st
One of the most captivating musicals ever to be adapted for the stage, An American in Paris is inspired by the Academy Award-winning film and features the music of George and Ira Gershwin. The Ogunquit Playhouse is proud to be the first regional theatre in the U.S. to produce this new musical, which won four Tony Awards in 2015. Hoping to start a new life, World War II veteran Jerry Mulligan chooses newly-liberated Paris as the place to make a name for himself as a painter. But Jerry’s life becomes complicated when he meets Lise, a young Parisian shop girl with her own secret – and realizes he is not her only suitor. The stunning combination of classic music, timeless story, breathtaking dance and a beautiful, all-new, design created exclusively for the Ogunquit Playhouse results in a spectacular musical that includes the Gershwin songs “I Got Rhythm,” “Liza,” “’S Wonderful,” and many more.
Murder for Two
Music, Lyrics, and Book by Joe Kinosian & Kellen Blair
At New London Barn Playhouse
Wednesday, August 22, 2:00 pm performance
Depart Thompson Van at 12:30 pm, Cost: $34/person
Equal parts Agatha Christie, Groucho Marx, and Cole Porter, this hilarious musical whodunit is an affectionate and ingenious homage to the old-fashioned murder mystery. Lavishly praised by the critics during its New York premiere, this whirlwind 90-minute duet boasts a cast of exactly two: one performer to investigate the crime, the other to play all of the suspects. And of course they both play the piano… Murder for Two: putting the “laughter” back in “manslaughter”!
Featuring Charleston, Jekyll Island & Savannah
October 14 – 21, 2018
7 days * 9 meals: 6 breakfasts, 3 dinners
Trip Highlights include your choice of historic Charleston’s Boone Hall Plantation, or Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, the exclusive Jekyll Island Club Hotel and the gilded age grand “cottages”, and a trolley tour of Savannah’s sprawling historic district and river front, and much more.
For more details on this trip click here
Featuring Dutch and Belgian Waterways
April 4-12, 2019
Highlights: Amsterdam, 7-Night River Cruise, Volendam, Arnhem,
Middelburg, Ghent, Bruges, Antwerp, Kinderdijk Windmills, Keukenhof Gardens
For more details on this trip Click Here
Join us for this special Collette Travel presentation: Tuesday, June 5, 1:15 pm
THOMPSON DAY TRIP POLICY
- To make your reservation, contact Shari at 457-3277
- Reservations are taken on a first paid basis. Your name will be entered on the trip sign-up sheet once we receive your payment. Checks will be deposited 30 days prior to trip date.
- If you cancel for any reason, payment cannot be returned unless we fill your spot from a waiting list. This is due to non-refundable fees charged to us by the bus company &/or destination.
- All are welcome to go on trips, but anyone needing extended assistance must bring a caregiver or companion.
- Please note the deadline for individual trip sign-ups. If we do not have the required number of people to cover our costs we will cancel the trip before losing our deposit.