Followed by Lunch With Lake View Dining at Walter’s Basin Restaurant
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Depart Thompson at 8:00 am on Coach Bus for a 10:30 am cruise
Followed by lunch at 12:15 pm. Return to Woodstock approximately 4:00 pm
Cost: $77 Transportation, Cruise, and Lunch
To all of our Thompson Travelers who will be joining us on our trip to Squam Lake on Wednesday, July 12th. Please note these following reminders:
- Please arrive at The Thompson Center for 7:45 am board time and 8:00 am departure
- Our Lake cruise on canopied pontoon boats will be 90 minutes long. In the event of inclement boating conditions, an optional live animal program or narrated virtual tour slide show of the lake cruise will be offered at Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
- Please bring a jacket, in case of cooler temperatures on the water, sun protection, and sneakers or something similar is advised
- Binoculars will be available for wildlife viewing or you are welcome to bring your own
- Bottled water will be provided on our Coach bus
Your lunch menu options at Walter’s Basin restaurant are as follows and all entrees are served with french fries and include a non-alcoholic beverage.
- Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Walnut and Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Fried Haddock Sandwich
- Bacon Cheeseburger
*Wait List Only*
Wednesday, August 23, 2:00 performance
(Depart on Thompson Van at 12:30pm)
Cost: $34 Space is limited so please reserve your seat with payment
Please notify the kitchen if you would like an earlier lunch before departing
A funny and bittersweet story about the complex, deeply felt ties binding one American family together. The tranquility of the idyllic New Hampshire lake where Ethel and Norman Thayer have spent the past 48 summers is about to be broken by the arrival of their daughter and her entourage. Love, family, and the passage of time intertwine in this Tony Award-winning play.
Rocky Mountain High
A John Denver Tribute
by Ted Vigil
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Further trip details will be available soon
Experience NH’s Fall Foliage as we travel to the White Mountains of NH during peak foliage season to see one of the most realistic Tribute shows to come across the stage. The legendary John Denver evokes memories of an era in music which was both inspiring and influential. His music is a combination of romance, country, and environmentalist. This brilliant song writer and two time Grammy award winner was truly a gifted performer.
Ted Vigil a man who, according to long-time John Denver guitar accompanist Steve Weisberg, resembles John both physically and musically, is carrying on the tradition honoring this colossal music icon.
Our trip includes a roast turkey luncheon on New Hampshire’s Turkey Train, along the scenic shores of Lake Winnepesaukee prior to the show.
This is a popular trip at a busy time of year. Prompt payment will confirm your reservation.
THOMPSON DAY TRIP POLICY
- To make your reservation, contact Shari at 457-3277
- Reservations are taken on a first paid basis. Your name will be entered on the trip sign-up sheet once we receive your payment. Checks will be deposited 30 days prior to trip date.
- If you cancel for any reason, payment cannot be returned unless we fill your spot from a waiting list. This is due to non-refundable fees charged to us by the bus company &/or destination.
- All are welcome to go on trips, but anyone needing extended assistance must bring a caregiver or companion.
- Please note the deadline for individual trip sign-ups. If we do not have the required number of people to cover our costs we will cancel the trip before losing our deposit.