11:00 – 12:00 Monday through Friday. Usually a volunteer will choose one day a week or allow us to call them on a substitute basis.
There are several different “runs” from the Center each weekday. They currently are as follows: Barnard, Bridgewater, Pomfret, Woodstock.
- Deliver meals to homebound or convalescing individuals.
- Act as liaison between the center and the homebound.
- Notify the center office staff if any one on your route did not answer their door or you have other concerns.
- Arrive at the center a few minutes before 11:00am. Pick up the meals from the kitchen.
- Be sure to count all of your bags & hot meals, which are separate from the bags so that you have the correct number of each. If you have questions ask the kitchen staff before you leave.
- Deliver meals to the designated people. If anyone does not answer the door, do not leave the meal (unless you have received other specific instructions).
- Notify the office staff if anyone was not at home or if you have other concerns.
- Record your hours/miles in the volunteer logbook on the receptionist’s desk.