A Vermont Humanities First Wednesdays Talk
At The Norwich Congregational Church, Norwich, VT
Wed, February 5, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Depart from The Thompson Center on the van at 6:00 pm, Cost: $5.00 for transportation
Jefferson never knew the Monticello of today—in perfect condition, impeccably furnished. Dartmouth senior lecturer Marlene Heck explains the lifelong project Jefferson called his “essay in architecture.”
ITALIAN TOUR and WINE DINNER
Thursday, March 19 at the Co-op Culinary Learning Center
5:30 – 8:00 pm, Depart Thompson on the van at 4:30 pm
Cost: $30 includes transportation, dinner, and wine
A minimum of 10 people is required for this private class. Pre-register by calling The Thompson by February 12. Tickets are prepaid and non-refundable for this Thompson class. Please indicate if you will need transportation on the van.
Escape the winter blahs and spend an evening touring the countryside of Italy. We start in Sardinia with classic zuppa gallurese (Italian bread soaked in a rich broth baked with several cheeses), then we travel to Tuscany for a taste of papa al pomodero. Next, we head to northern Italy to the Lombardy region for the classic Milanese Ossobuco over tagliatelle. Finally, we land in Veneto for frittelle, sweet fried dumplings. Of course, we will be discussing and sampling regional wines all along the way.
Mackinac Island – featuring the Grand Hotel & Chicago
September 18 – 25, 2020, 8 days – 11 meals
Trip Highlights include Chicago, Millennium Park, Charlevoix Mushroom Houses, Mackinac Island, Grand Hotel, Frankenmuth, Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.
$3,249 per person/double and includes round trip airfare from Logan Intl Airport.
For trip details click here
THOMPSON DAY TRIP POLICY
- To make your reservation, contact Shari at 457-3277
- Reservations are taken on a first paid basis. Your name will be entered on the trip sign-up sheet once we receive your payment. Checks will be deposited 30 days prior to trip date.
- If you cancel for any reason, payment cannot be returned unless we fill your spot from a waiting list. This is due to non-refundable fees charged to us by the bus company &/or destination.
- All are welcome to go on trips, but anyone needing extended assistance must bring a caregiver or companion.
- Please note the deadline for individual trip sign-ups. If we do not have the required number of people to cover our costs we will cancel the trip before losing our deposit.