The Thompson serves healthy and delicious meals five days a week in the dining room and sends the same meals out to clients in their homes to provide nutritious meals seven days a week.
Dining Room Meals:
- Served Monday through Friday at Noon in The Thompson dining room
- Sign up for meals by 10:30, or as soon as possible as they are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please indicate allergies or food restrictions in advance. 802-457-3277
- Suggested donation for guests ages 60 and over is $7
- For guests under age 60, the meal price is $12
Home Delivered Meals:
- Volunteer drivers deliver meals Monday through Friday to senior or disabled community members in Barnard, Bridgewater, Pomfret, and Woodstock.
- Arrange meal delivery with Siobhan Wright by calling 802-457-3277. Meals can be set-up in advance on a regular basis or by request as needed. Ask about our Meals for Pets program as well!
- The Thompson is a member of the Meals on Wheels Association of America.
- Meal recipients must be home at the time of delivery (between 11 am – 12 pm).
- Suggested donation $7 per meal.
Just a reminder that we require reservations for all meals by calling The Thompson by 10:30 am the day of or sooner if you’re able, as we are filling up regularly, and meals are on a first-come-first-serve basis. This is especially important with supply chain issues.
Community Based Nutrition Programs:
VeggieVanGo is a FREE FOOD distribution event provided by the VT Foodbank and sponsored by the WCUD School Nutrition Program. We welcome families to pick up and deliver out for other families as well. We have yet to run out of food! ALL ARE WELCOME! Please contact Gretchen Czaja-WCUD School Nutrition Program Director with any email@example.com 802-457-1317, 1123
3SquaresVT (3SVT also known as SNAP) can boost your grocery budget! Text VFBSNAP to 85511 or call 855-855-6181 to get signed up for 3SquaresVT.
If you are 60 years or older you may qualify for a monthly box of food through CSFP, which is a federal nutrition program that offers free monthly boxes of food filled with staple food items. Deliveries are made to The Thompson on the 3rd Tuesday of each month and other designated locations throughout Vermont, and you can have a friend or family member pick up your food for you! Signing up is easy, and actually helps ensure that this program can continue to be available for Vermonters who need it.
Find out more by calling the Vermont Foodbank at 1-800-214-4648.